Monday, April 12, 2010

Area and Integers

1. I am creating two circular flower beds in my front yard. The 1st flower bed has a diameter of 12m the second has a radius of 8m. My front yard is 20m wide and 30m long. The rest of the front yard is grass. How many square meters of grass will I have to cut once the flower beds are in? You will have to cut 286 m2.





First Flower Bed
Ao= pi r2
Ao= 3.14 x 6 squared
Ao= 3.14 x 36
Ao= 113.04 m2

Second Flower Bed
Ao= pi r2
Ao= 3.13 x 8 squared
Ao= 3.14 x 64
Ao= 200.96 m2

The Front Yard
A= L x W
A= 30 x 20
A= 600 m2
113.04 + 200.96= 314
600 - 314= 286 m2

2. You have a triangular yard with the height of 15m and base of 10m. You build a sandbox that has a circumference of 6.28. How much of the yard is left after you build the sandbox? 71.86 m2 of the yard is left.





area=BxH/2

area=10x15/2

area=150/2

area=75m2

Ao=pi r2
Ao= 3.14 x 1 squared
Ao= 3.14 x 1
Ao= 3.14

75-3.14= 71.86 m2

Integers
Integers are positive and negative whole numbers and zero. eg. 2, -6, 91, +103, -1000, 0

NOT INTEGERS- 3/4, 1/2, 4/5, 0.1, -0.7, 91.3, 1.3, 95%, -60%

Integers are shown on a number line or using integer chips.









HOMEWORK

1. ID each integer

a . b . c ... d .... e....... f .....

2. Represent each integer with chips and/or a number line.

a) +2 b) 6 c) -4 d) +7 e) -6 f) -8































15 comments:

  1. Great Job, Hazel :)
    I really liked how you explained in on the pictures, as well .
    I thought it was a good idea, how you showed the grass on the flower bed, problem.
    Next time, I think you shouldn't make that big gap at the end.
    Overall, great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Job Hazel! I really loved how your pictures were very neat, and how you used enough color for keywords. Great Video, it told more about what an integer is. I agreed with Allison, remember to take out the big space at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Hazel! The pictures stand out really good and it's very colourfuland I also liked the video. What I don't get is that you put a big spaceat the end. I would like to thank you for putting the chips/dots in colour for homework.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD JOB HAZEL, I really loved your use of colours and I liked your fonts. Your pictures were great and the video you got was excellent, it fits in with what we're learning. For improvement i agree with those people, try not to leave a big gap at the end but GOOD JOB on everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Job Hazel! everything is neat and well organized.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was probably one of the best blogs in color i would say and it was also one of the longest blog this year and i now that you have improved wit your blogging over the last time you tried to do the blog. But overall great job on he blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job Hazel! I really like the different colours you used. your post could be better if there was no bug gap at the end. Overall good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job Hazel! I really like how it is simple and how it is neat, clear, and organized. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job Hazel!It was really outstanding and with the video, I couldn't say anything better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing Job Hazel! I think you did a great job on this multicoloured post! I like how you kept this post nice and neat and the pictures were great too. I think you should get rid of that big gap at the bottom but overall, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. God job Hazel! The picture was clear, and everything was neat and organized. Try not to put big gap.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Job Hazel!! Everything was very clear and easy too read, especially the pictures. Great job, but why is there a space?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Job, Hazel!
    I really liked how you explained in on the pictures, as well .
    I thought it was a good idea, how you showed the grass on the flower bed, problem.
    Next time, I think you shouldn't make that big gap at the end.
    Overall, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good job!It was really helpful and I think that you did a great job on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Job Hazel! I liked how your pictures were very neat, and how you used different colors for keywords. Nice Video it helped a lot. Sorry for the late comment. :)

    ReplyDelete